Pet poison of the week – Clematis

PET POISON OF THE WEEK – CLEMATIS
Poisonous to: Cats, Dogs
Common signs to watch for:
• Drooling
• Vomiting
• Diarrhea
This popular vine has a beautiful, colorful flower, and grows in bright sunlight. Clematis contains an irritating glycosides, and when ingested by pets, can cause drooling, vomiting and diarrhea. Thankfully, this plant has a very bitter taste, which deters most pets from consuming large amounts.
Poison type: Plants

TELEPHONE YOUR VET ASAP
REMEMBER PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN THE CURE

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s